Application for USRC Kennel Registration
USRC Members may register a kennel online or download and mail a Kennel Registration Application Form
The fee for a USRC Kennel Registration is $25
- The owner of a registered kennel must maintain a current USRC membership. If at any time the kennel owner's membership is no longer current the kennel registration will be suspended.
- No kennel name will be accepted which is already recognized as a USRC or ADRK Kennel name belonging to someone else, or which is easily mistaken as such.
- USRC Members with a USRC Registered Kennel may also apply to be listed in the breeder’s directory on the USRC website.
The owner of a registered kennel must abide by the USRC Breeding Regulations:
- Dogs used for breeding must be free of disqualifying faults in accordance with the FCI Standard Nr.147/19.06.2000.
- Tails will be left in their natural state
- At the time of breeding, the female must be at least two years old and less than nine years old, the male must be at least two years old and less than ten years old. Females are allowed only one litter per year and males may not breed more than two females in one week and not more than 40 females in one year.*
- All dogs used for breeding must have a USRC recognized hip rating prior to the breeding. The dog must have certification issued by OFA, ADRK or an FCI Hip-Elbow Dysplasia - International Certificate. For breeding eligibility, the hips must be rated as OFA Excellent, Good or Fair, ADRK HD Free or HD+/-, or FCI HD A or HD B. Dogs with HD+ hip rating from the ADRK may be bred only if the dog has been deemed breedable at an ADRK Ztp or has obtained a breedable hip rating from OFA. The HD+ hip rating must be disclosed on any and all advertisement related to the dog unless the dog has obtained a breedable hip rating from OFA.
- Effective April 1, 2014, all dogs born after April 1, 2012 and used for breeding by USRC members must have USRC recognized elbow rating prior to breeding. The dog must have certification issued by OFA, ADRK or an FCI Hip-Elbow Dysplasia - International Certificate. For breeding eligibility, the elbows must be rated as OFA Normal, Grade I or Grade II, ADRK ED Free, ED+/-, ED+ or FCI ED 0 or ED 1. Dogs with ED++ elbow rating from the ADRK may be bred only if the dog has been deemed breedable at an ADRK Ztp or has obtained a breedable elbow rating from OFA. The ED++ elbow rating must be disclosed on any and all advertisement related to the dog unless the dog has obtained a breedable elbow rating from OFA. OFA Grade I or II ratings must be released for inclusion in the OFA public database.
- Effective April 1, 2014, all dogs residing in the U.S. born after April 1, 2012 and used for breeding by USRC members must have an OFA normal cardiac rating prior to breeding. Clearance by auscultation or echo by a board certified cardiologist is preferred however auscultation by a specialist or practitioner is currently accepted by OFA standards for cardiac clearance.
*Requests for exceptions to the breeding age or frequency may be granted by the USRC Breed Director.
- Any breeding that takes place in violation of the breeding regulations must be reported immediately upon discovery to the USRC Breed Director.
- Any advertisement of a litter by a USRC member that violates the USRC breeding regulations must clearly state the reason the breeding is a violation of the regulations (i.e. underage dog, lack of hip rating, disqualifying fault according to the breed standard, etc). and that the breeding violation was reported to the Breed Director.
- USRC members will be subject to discipline for breeding misconduct in accordance with the USRC Misconduct and Discipline Regulations